The Darling Girls

The Darling Girls

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life just got a whole lot easier

Drew can touch, and as you can see, even ride on the the dogs now!  Of course, she still screams blood curdling screams when you least expect it at the mere sight of one of the poor beasts....but when the mood is right, she tolerates them.  Thank goodness, as the whole "are the dogs in? -Please grab the child with I feed the dogs. -Dogs, stop tearing up the door to get in" -thing was getting really old and very tiring.  And the dogs were depressed from being banished.  Whew...it is the day to day stuff that wears you out! 
  Drew can now say: "Hi", "Byebye", "Ni-ni" "Up" and as of today, "uh oh" and "mo" for more...  And she makes noise all the time now, a far (very far) cry from the silent child we first met.  Ron introduced her to the joys of belly razzberries, which she has taken to with glee.  Eating is still her first activity of choice.  Her meltdowns are far shorter (mostly) and far fewer, thank goodness.  Her joy in the little things like sitting in the swing, feeling the rain come down, or hearing Kelly roar like a lion is wonderful to see, and surprising to hear the deep belly laugh that comes out of her..who would've guessed?  Between she and the dogs, I'm not sure who's happier these days!

2 comments:

  1. Beth:
    I realize this is going to sound strange, but I wonder if we have a piece of mail that belongs to your family. It is addressed to "Ana Glynn Yiran Kallay" and when i did an internet search the only thing that i found that comes close is Kelly Yiran. It is from Kunming BaiYunLu, Adoption Center in Yunnan Providence. If you think this might be for you (or not) please let me know. I would hate to have to send it all the way back to China.
    BTW: my husband and I are LID 9/6/6 and hope to travel to China early this summer.

    Thanks. Sarah Schott sbschott@noctrl.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth & Ron! So happy to see you all settling in now back from China. I had big tears watching your "gotcha" video!

    I saw Ron's post about travel in China and CWTS. Please email me--I would love to hear more, if so, of your experience. We are looking to travel in May/June to bring home Jack. We have traveled to Jilin Province before and already know where we wish to stay, etc... We aren't liking the fact that this company may require us to pay them all up front for stuff. It's still up in the air who all will go...I may just go with Lily (she's from Jack's orphanage). I've heard recently that airfare is ridiculous. So...just trying to prepare...would LOVE all your insite!

    Heather
    sugarsandbeach@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete