The Darling Girls

The Darling Girls

Friday, December 9, 2011

SOOOOO close!!

Yes, it's been a long time since I've posted...I am terrible at this I admit, but there always seems to be so much going on in our lives, this is usually pretty far down the list of things to do.
Enough excuses, here's what you want to know: We have finally, and successfully, conquered the mountain of International Adoption paperwork. For the most part. And right now we are set to travel to get our little girl Drew!!! Yippee! We will ALL (yes, all 5) be going to China on Dec. 16th, the day both olders get out of school for break. We'll all race to the airport (from different directions), fly direct, non-stop into Guangzhou in the the Guangdong province of China. Think Southern and very close to Hong Kong. We will only have to stay in one province this trip, one city, one hotel, which will make for a long two weeks, but much easier with no in-country flight and no changing hotels. Kelly is prepped, as much as a four year old can be, and Cory and Jamie are very excited to be going. The whole trip will take about 13 days, two of which are travel.
I am going to try to post on this blog as much as I can, but with China's "great firewall" and spotty internet service, you never know, so don't be concerned if you don't see a post for a while, it's pretty hit and miss while there.
I have no new pictures to share. It's been a really hard thing, no pictures or updates...I've tried, and still hope to hear, but it's not looking good. Heck, in 10 days I'll see her for myself! Still, I'd love to know at least an updated weight, or height, or something. Such are the joys of I.A.
For those friends of mine who are part of the I.A. community, we will be at The Garden hotel, and would love to see you. Our CA is 12/28.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! So excited for you all! Can't wait to follow your journey. We hope to be DTC by the end of the year for Jack. Jack is in the same orphanage where Lily is from...so we will have a bunch of inter-country travel. We plan to skip the Beijing "stuff" next trip...did it twice already so we think we'll save it all for a family tour down the road. It's exhausting enough getting through the whole transition as it is.

    ReplyDelete