The Darling Girls

The Darling Girls

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Drew turns 3!

She is now 3...such a great number. 
Drew's birthday is Dec. 7th, which means that last year we didn't have Drew until just after her second birthday.  So she spent a whole year with us before celebrating her birthday...a whole year watching everyone else have a birthday, have a cake, get sung to, and get to blow out candles.  So let me tell you, when it was finally HER turn she was ready!!  I don't think I really appreciated how much she wanted that birthday experience until we got to the candle-blowing part.  I'm pretty sure I've never seen a child so intensely happy about it or so ready. 

                                                      Helping make the birthday cake

All she had asked for was a "ba-yoon".
 .
She picked out Minnie Mouse plates, so of course I had to make a Minnie cake.
 
 She got that third finger to work pretty quickly.
 
Happy Birthday Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment